Thursday, October 20, 2011

Terrific Table

I've had this kitchen table for many years. I bought it second-hand when I was moving in to my first apartment. It has always been painted but I was told when I bought it that it was teak.
I knew that whatever work that went in to restore this table would be worth it.

I started out by stripping the paint off the table and found the beautiful teak wood underneath. When I started stripping the chairs, I realized that this certainly wasn't a set. The chairs were made of a different wood and had been painted black stain that wasn't coming off. The chairs were going to have to stay painted but I didn't mind, I've always liked this look where a table and chairs don't match. I chose a lighter color of blue this time for a fresher look and to have more contrast with my darker teak table.

No comments:

Post a Comment