Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beautiful Bench

I bought this little bench at a flea market this past summer. It was plain and boring and I wanted to change it up a little.


The seat had been originally covered in a strange vinyl and it had to go. Last time I visited my parent's place, I dug through my mom's sewing dresser and found some great vintage fabric that I used to cover the seat. Brown was the best choice to match my fabric and at the same keeps it neutral. I found the legs were a bit long and plain so I built a shelf for shoes to sit on.

I thought it would be fun to give the bench a little extra storage for hats and gloves, so I closed off the underside, and put hinges on the seat for it to open.

Now this simple bench has built-in storage and a lot more style!

No comments:

Post a Comment